Why work for us?
In the first year, River Academy will open to 180 students and this will rise to 1,200 11-18 students and an additional resource base of 35 students when full. In the early years, we are looking for staff who are willing to be flexible to support the needs of students and to meet the operational needs of the school. This will provide excellent opportunities for staff to develop new skills and gain experience in different areas.
The school will be a part of the successful Maiden Erlegh Trust who currently operate eight other schools in Berkshire and South Oxfordshire. The Trust has a reputation for driving high standards and excellence in all its schools, with a strong track record of outcomes and improving OFSTED grading.
Our People Development Curriculum provides professional development pathways for every role within the Trust, both teaching and support staff, through which staff can tailor CPD to their own needs.
We have a proven track record of supporting ambitious staff into middle and senior leadership posts and can offer opportunities to broaden your impact on the sector through the work of the Maiden Erlegh Institute. We are very happy to discuss flexible working arrangements, including part-time working and job-sharing.
Staff Wellbeing is very important to us. As a member of Maiden Erlegh Trust staff these are just some of the examples of how we show our appreciation to staff.
- We operate a system of ‘ME days’ allowing staff to request an additional day off per year to attend special events such as children’s sports days & graduations, family and friends' weddings.
- CPD is available for all staff at all levels.
- Free flu vaccinations are offered to all staff.
- Free eye tests are provided for eligible staff.
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided for staff regularly, including on many INSET days and as a thank you throughout the year.
If you think you can offer something special, whether on a paid or voluntary basis, please get in touch by sending an expression of interest to: email@example.com. We are always pleased to hear from people who want to join our team.